Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What Kills Norovirus

So it is going around like crazy. I am not an expert, but I do know a few products that do work to kill the dreaded norovirus. This is by no means a complete list, but her you go with some tips and tricks to killing the dreaded Norovirus.

  • Germ-X kills norovirus where purell does not. The secret ingredient is - Benzalkonium Chloride look for something with at least .013%
  • Lysol spray - not the wipes
  • chlorine bleach - one ounce to 32 ounces of water will do the trick.
  • Wet ones- They work.
Hope these help!

Stay healthy,

Robin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Germ-X kills norovirus where purell does not. The secret ingredient is - Benzalkonium Chloride"

I looked at the website for Germ-X but there are no products there that contain Benzalkonium Chloride. Look for yourself: www.germx.com

I have my doubts that Germ-X kills Norovirus.

Anonymous said...

It is called germ-x advanced protection hand sanitizer....the active ingredient is benzalkonium chloride 0.13%....it is available at Walmart. Everything that I have read says it DOES kill norovirus!